GBAC Reimbursement Grant
October 6 & 7, 2020
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
At AdventHealth Center Ice
Help increase sales and instill confidence in your customers and employees. Tell your customers and employees that your business is Prepared for and ready to Respond to and Recover from infectious diseases and pandemics by earning the GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation.
Apply TODAY and you will be eligible to receive Expedited Accreditation through direct, personalized assistance from the Director at GBAC, Dr. Gavin Macgregor-Skinner and his staff.
Why Does Your Business Need GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation?
Pasco County has identified, for the economic recovery to be successful, returning employees and customers must feel safe and confident that the business environment provides the necessary infectious disease prevention measures and procedures to avoid COVID-19 community spread. In collaboration with the Pasco Economic Development Council and Florida’s Sports Coast, Pasco County is initiating a reimbursement grant program to cover the fees associated with earning your Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Accreditation. This Accreditation ensures that companies are trained on the techniques to properly disinfect and maintain their brick and mortar locations to create a “Safe. Smart.” environment for all upon reopening.
What is GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation?
According to GBAC: “Composed of international leaders in the field of microbial-pathogenic threat analysis, mitigation, response and recovery, the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, provides training, guidance, accreditation, certification, crisis management assistance and leadership to government, commercial and private entities looking to mitigate, quickly address and/or recover from biological threats and real-time crises.”
Who is eligible to apply for the GBAC STAR Reimbursement Grant funds?
Businesses located in Pasco County that hold a current Business Tax Receipt and non-profit organizations.
What is process for earning the GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation?
- Visit the Pasco County Portal on GBAC’s website at gbac.issa.com/pasco.
- Complete the application.
- Accreditation fees are determined during the application process. 50% of the total fees are due upon submission of the application and the remaining 50% is due upon Accreditation.
- Each applicant will work through the Accreditation process directly with GBAC.
What documents do I need to provide for reimbursement?
- Copy of current Pasco County Business Tax Receipt (formerly known as Occupational License). A copy can be obtained by visiting the Pasco County Tax Collector’s website: www.pascotaxes.com/taxes/business-tax-receipt-information..
- For Non-Profit Organizations - provide a copy of your Tax Exempt Certificate/DR-14 Form.
- Completed W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. A downloadable form can be located at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
- Proof of Payment – in the form of a complete credit card or bank statement.
- Each business will submit two reimbursement requests. One request upon completing the application and the other upon earning the Accreditation. The second reimbursement request will only require Proof of Payment, in the form of a complete credit card or bank statement, as the BTR and W-9 will be kept on file.
Where do I submit my documentation?
Submit all documents via email to Shelby Roberts, SRoberts@MyPasco.net, at the Pasco County Office of Economic Growth.
What happens after I submit my documentation?
Upon verifying that all documents have been completely and accurately submitted, the Office of Economic Growth will submit a payment request on behalf of the applicant. The applicant will receive a reimbursement grant check in the amount of their cost.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Shelby Roberts with the Office of Economic Growth at 727-815-7092 / SRoberts@MyPasco.net.
GBAC STAR Testimonial - Dinner in a Dash
Watch the video, below, for a discussion with Dinner in a Dash, the first small restaurant facility to receive GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation. They discuss the importance of easing the minds of customers and employees. When asked if they would suggest that other facilities should work to gain their Accreditation their response is: "definitely should, well worth it for the peace of mind".
GBAC STAR Testimonial - Hard Rock Stadium
Listen to Tom Garfinkel, CEO of the Miami Dolphins, discuss his experience obtaining GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation. In addition to working with the GBAC Team to create a custom plan, specific to their facility, the Dolphins stadium is moving to a touchless environment. Tom Garkinkel states, "We're doing everything that we can to make it as safe as possible."
For additional testimonials, visit the GBAC STAR: The Experience YouTube Channel.