Pasco Letters of map Change Banner UPDATED

What is a Letter of Map Change?

In situations where a property owner thinks their property was inadvertently mapped in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) on a Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM0, also known as a flood map, FEMA provides a process to request a change in the flood zone designation for the property. The request is known as a Letter of Map Change (LOMC).

A LOMC is a general term used to refer to the several types of revisions and amendments to FEMA maps that can be accomplished by letter. They include Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA), Letter of Map Revision (LOMR), and Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F).

The FEMA website contains more detailed information on LOMCs.

  1. Request a Letter
  2. Map Changes After 09/26/2014
  3. Re-Validated Letters
  4. Copies of Issued Letters

Requesting a Letter of Map Change

Changes to your properties flood zone designation can be requested from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). LOMC can be submitted On-Line to FEMA.

Prior to submittal to FEMA the County will need to complete either a Flood Determination or a Community Acknowledgement. In order to complete these items an application, along with the applicable fee, will need to be submitted. View a checklist of items needed and submittal instructions (PDF).