Land Development Code Amendments
The County's Ordinance Development Team (ODT) leads the drafting and review of all potential Land Development Code (LDC) Amendments. ODT is comprised of Staff members from Zoning and Intake, Current Planning, Long Range Planning, Code Enforcement and the County Attorney's Office. In addition, ODT members will work with subject matter experts from other County departments, or non-county entities as appropriate.
After any necessary research is completed, potential amendments are drafted by members of ODT. The draft Ordinance is vetted through the larger ODT group and then taken through a stakeholder review process. If a focused stakeholder group is utilized, that group will be part of the drafting process early on. The draft Ordinance will then be taken to the LDC Interested Parties for review and comment. If a focused stakeholder group is not utilized, the draft ordinance will go directly to the LDC Interested Parties.
Once the LDC Interested Parties group has provided comments back to Staff, ODT will discuss any potential revisions prior to the start of the hearing process. Board Workshops may be determined to be necessary at any stage of the production of an Ordinance.
Once a "final" Ordinance has been drafted, it is required to, at minimum, have one (1) LPA public hearing, and two (2) BCC public hearings. These hearings must be noticed at least 10 days in advance of the first scheduled hearing.
Depending upon the scope of the issue at hand, it can take anywhere from a few months to over a year to adopt an LDC amendment from start to finish.
There a many opportunities made available by the County for the greater Pasco community to be involved in the review of proposed LDC amendments. These include:
- LDC Interested Parties - Anyone from the community who is interested in receiving e-mail updates regarding proposed LDC amendments can be part of the LDC Interested Parties contact group. This group is notified with proposed amendment review opportunities. If you would like to be notified as an Interested Party, please contact Gina Monti.
- Horizontal Roundtable Meetings - These developers' roundtable meetings are held to facilitate cooperation and the sharing of information and ideas between County Staff and the development community as it relates to horizontal site development. These meetings are typically held the second Wednesday, every two months, at 2:00pm in the West Pasco Government Center, Staff Development Room (basement). For information regarding upcoming meetings, please contact Gina Monti.
- Stakeholder Group Meetings - Many of the amendments brought forward for consideration will have a focused stakeholder review process. Specific dates/times of stakeholder meetings will be made available accordingly.
- Board Workshops - Many larger amendments that tend to have a Countywide impact are brought to a Board Workshop in advance of the public hearing process. Please check the County's Agendas & Minutes webpage for Workshop dates and agendas.
- Public Hearings - There are a minimum of three public hearings scheduled for all LDC Amendments. At minimum, there is one hearing with the Local Planning Agency (as served by the County's Development Review Committee), and two Board of County Commissioners hearings. Hearing dates are advertised through the newspaper and on the County Website.
The County is dedicated to seeking improvement in its land development regulations in order to implement the policies of the Comprehensive Plan and move towards its vision of becoming Florida’s Premier County. If you have suggestions for proposed amendments or slight modifications (minor fixes) that address this purpose of achieving high quality growth, please contact Ernie Monaco.
Restated, Reorganized and Amended Land Development Code
Pasco County’s restated, reorganized and amended Land Development Code Opens a New Window. was effective January 1, 2012. Since that time, the LDC has undergone a series of amendments. Previous versions of the Code can be viewed on the Land Development Code Rewrite Opens a New Window. webpage.
As the LDC is an on-going work in progress, the County will be making further amendments. These amendments are addressed through tiered priorities as set forth by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC), or through yearly amendment packages that address minor fixes to the Code.
LDC Tier Priorities
Staff is continuously working on LDC amendments to implement the County’s Comprehensive Plan vision and goals. All of these potential amendments are important to meet that vision, and a tiered priority approach is used to ensure that each of these priority items are addressed. On February 24, 2016, the BCC approved a formal Resolution with the updated LDC Tier Priorities (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
LDC Minor Fix Amendments
Some of the proposed LDC amendments brought to the BCC tend to be relatively minor in nature.
Recently Adopted Amendments
Recently Adopted LDC Amendments:
- Amendment 39 - Section 804 Ecological Corridors, Section 1302.2 Mobility Fees, Section 1302.4 Parks and Recreation Impact Fees, and Appendix A Definitions - Ordinance No. 19-31 (PDF) (Effective August 22, 2019)
- Amendment 40 - Section 530.22 Donation Bins - Ordinance No. 19-34 (PDF) (Effective October 11, 2019)
- Amendment 41 - Minor Fixes - Ordinance No. 19-36 (PDF) (Effective October 25, 2019, except as noted)
- Amendment 42 - Self Storage Facilities - Ordinance No. 19-43 (PDF) (Effective December 13, 2019)
- Amendment 43 - Modifications to Villages of Pasadena Hills - Ordinance No. 20-13 (PDF) (Effective May 12, 2020
- Amendment 44 - Mobility Fee Amendment - Ordinance No. 20-17 (PDF) (Effective September 1, 2020)
In Process Amendments
The following set of Minor Fix Amendments, Land Development Code Amendment 45 are scheduled for public hearings as follows:
|Local Planning Agency||November 5, 2020||1:30 p.m.||Historic Pasco County Courthouse, 2nd Floor Board Room, 37918 Meridian Avenue, Dade City, FL|
|Board of County Commissioners (First Reading)||November 17, 2020||1:30 p.m.||Historic Pasco County Courthouse, 2nd Floor Board Room, 37918 Meridian Avenue, Dade City, FL|
|Board of County Commissioners (Adoption)||December 8, 2020||1:30 p.m.||West Pasco Government Center, Board Room|
8731 Citizens Drive, New Port Richey, FL
- Chapter 300 Procedures, Table 303-5 Required Public Hearings for Development Approvals, Table 304-1 Required Public Notice for Development Approvals, Section 305 Neighborhood Meeting, Section 306 Neighborhood Notice
- Chapter 400 Permit Types and Applications, Section 402.3.F Conditional Use Required Standards
- Chapter 400 Permit Types and Applications, Section 402.3.H.2.c Conditional Uses Revocation of Special Exception and Conditional Uses
- Chapter 400 Permit Types and Applications, Section 402.5.A.1 Mobile Food Operations
- Chapter 400 Permit Types and Applications, Section 402.5.D Administrative Use Permits for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
- Chapter 400 Permit Types and Applications, Section 406.5.I Right of Way Use Permits Bond Requirement
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 503 A-C Agricultural District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 511 R-MH Mobile Home District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 517 R-4 High Density Residential District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 522.9 Connected City MPUD
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 525 C-1 Neighborhood Commercial District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 526 C-2 General Commercial District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 526 C-2 General Commercial District (Alcoholic Beverages)
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 527 C-3 Commercial/Light Manufacturing District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 528 I-1 Light Industrial Park District
- Chapter 500 Zoning, Section 529 I-2 General Industrial Park District
- Section 530 Supplemental Regulations 530.14 Applicability of this Code to the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
- Section 530 Supplemental Regulations – Section 530.15 Fraternal Lodges and Social and Recreational Clubs
- Chapter 700 Subdivision and Platting Standards, Section 700.2 General
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 901.1 Transportation Corridor Spacing
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 901.2.F Transportation - Corridor Management
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 905.2 Landscaping and Buffering, Table 905.2-C Vehicular Use area and Landscaping
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 905.2.D.2.a Specific Planting Requirements, Specific Standards for Single and Two Family Residential
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 905.2.D.2.a Specific Planting Requirements, Specific Standards for Single and Two Family Residential (Lot tree credits)
- Chapter 900 Development Standards, Section 905.2.D.4 Building Perimeters
- Chapter 1000 Miscellaneous Structure Regulations, Section 1003 Gates Fences and Walls
- Chapter 1100 Special Development Standards, Section 1101 Vehicle Dealerships
- Chapter 1100 Special Development Standards, Section 1102 Large Scale Commercial Design Standards
- Chapter 1100 Special Development Standards, Section 1105 Self-Storage Facilities Design Standards
- Chapter 1200 Nonconformities, Section 1204.2 Nonconforming Lots
- Appendix A Definitions - Airport Facilities